Friday, August 12, 2011

Chapter 27-Seduction

When Bynni got home from school I tried to talk to her about yesterday.
"Mom I'm going to be 18 soon.  Quit treating me like a baby, it's no big deal."
"Well honey you certainly reacted like it was a big deal stomping off to your room like you did.  You didn't even speak to Jesse."
"Can you just drop it.  I'm glad you told Jesse and I'm glad that Cece got to meet her dad."
Before I could say anything I heard a horn honking.
"TK's here, gotta go." then she ran out of the house.  I knew as soon as she graduated she would be moving out and more than likely moving in with that boyfriend.
Jesse came to pick Ceula up and took her to the park for some father/daughter time.




When he brought her back, he declined to stay for dinner.  I think he was still a little on edge from his encounter with Aric.

He did ask me to come by his hotel after the kids left for school the next day.  He said he wanted to finish our talk since we hadn't been able to as of yet.

 I was painting and didn't hear him come in.  Hearing his voice startled me.
"Is he here?"
"No." 
"Ceula called me yesterday and told me he showed up."
Of course she would have called him especially considering she believed him to be her father.
"Did you know she thought you were her father?"
"Yes."
"Were you planning on telling me, it might have been something I needed to know."
"I thought you did knew."
"Well I didn't, why didn't you tell her the truth?"
"Because I didn't care to."
He was so smug, so sure of himself.  I refused to make eye contact with him, it was the only way I knew how to not get sucked in by his presence.  He knew it as well and I often thought he was laughing at my attempts.
"You look stressed.  Aric told me what happened today."
"I'm fine."
"No you're not." he said softly touching my cheek.
His touch made my skin tingle.
"Were you happy to see him?" he asked as me pulled me into an embrace.  I couldn't help but look at him.
"Really?" he asked as he started kissing my neck.
It had been a while since I had felt weak around him.  I tried to maintain my thoughts.
"What...why are you..."
"Talking isn't required." he said before pulling me into a kiss.
We had shared kisses in the past and they always made we weak in the knees and left me wanting more but he always pulled back.  This time was different like he was trying to prove something.  My thoughts were all cloudy and the only thing I could focus on was being with him at that moment.  I don't remember walking upstairs to my room.  One minute he was kissing me and the next he was laying me on my bed.
Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought this wasn't right.  Jesse had just come back and I had maybe had a second chance.  I knew I should have stopped but I couldn't.  Every fiber of my being needed him, wanted him to keep going.
In the morning as the sun started shining through my windows I opened my eyes and saw Mulo laying beside me.

I closed my eyes again as I was flooded with the memories of the bliss filled night.  Mulo got up and started getting dressed without saying a word to me.
"Are you leaving?" I asked getting out of bed.
"Yes."
How was it even possible that he could fill me with such happiness at one moment and then make me feel like my heart was breaking into a million pieces the next moment.
"I can't continue on like this.  Living in this constant state of uncertain limbo, I just need, I want more."
"Last night I didn't hear you complaining about needing more." a smile crept across his face "Well I guess you did but I don't think you are meaning the same thing this morning.  He looked as if he was undressing me with his eyes and I instantly felt so exposed standing in front of him.  I looked down at the floor not wanting to meet his gaze.

"He came back." I whispered.  I didn't think he would but he did."
"He came back because of her, not to come back to you."
How could he be so cruel?
"He wanted to marry me. He loved me and I think he still does.  Why can't you let me just try and be happy?"  I continued in spite of his attitude.
"If you truly wanted him, loved him you would not have let me take you to bed last night!"  The words were painful to hear and I could feel the tears stinging in my eyes but he continued.
"How much do you think he would still love you or want to be with you if he knew you woke up with me this morning.?"
"Mulo, please stop."
"No you started this so let's finish it.  Would you rather have been with him last night?"
"No, I wanted to be with you, I want to be with you but I need for you to want me back."  I words were soft.  I didn't understand how he had such power to make me feel so powerless.  He didn't speak. so I continued.
"Do you want me Mulo, do you love me or do you just see me as one of your possessions?"
How could I possibly be in love with a man that didn't seem to return my feelings.
"You can't be with him Amari and to answer your question Yes."
He left before I could ask him which part he was saying yes to, the he loved me and wanted me or the possession.  I had a sinking feeling it was the latter.

8 comments:

  1. NOOOOO!!! Amari, what were you thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it was a yes to loving her and not treating her as his possession. Those two, the chemistry between them just melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Mulo love her or not? The suspense is killing me. He definitely doesn't want her to be with Jesse.

    If she has such strong feelings for Mulo, maybe it's best for Jesse if she leaves things as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Mulo is so toxic for Amari...hopefully she can get away from him...I'm going to be catching up on your amazing blog today! Expect a lot more comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG WHAT?!! Please tell me why she keeps getting so weak around him UGH that man drives me completely up the wall! I don't like the way he treats her and the fact that she keeps going back it just screams ABUSE!

    She has Jesse, a perfectly nice and wonderfully loving man wanting to be with her and she keeps going back to Mulo and he keeps goading her right on along!

    Come on Amari, put your foot down and walk away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Amari... Mulo is being such a total jerk and ruining her relationship with Jesse. Also, him having private discussions with Aric kinda bothers me. What secrets are they keeping from Amari?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah he is a bit of a jerk. He can't stand for her to be happy with anyone so he had to get rid of him.

      Ah yeah the secrets. They will be revealed soon.

      Delete