Friday, July 22, 2011

Chapter 3-So Confused

For the rest of the appointment I was in a bit of a haze.  The doctor babbled on about check ups and such, I was told to make a follow up appointment with the receptionist on the way out.  I just kept replaying those words in my head "you're pregnant."  How could that be?  I've never been with anyone EVER.  I never even let Marcus, my high school boyfriend, get past second base and we dated for 5 years.  He had to be wrong, my tests must have been mixed up with another patient's.  This couldn't be happening because for me to be pregnant that means I was drugged and...
I couldn't even bear to think about that, how could I not know if that had happened to me.  The test was wrong, I was certain of it. 
"I want to go home." I mumbled to myself.  I wanted nothing more than to curl up in my old bedroom and have my mom comfort me and tell me everything was going to be ok.  The taxi dropped me off and I had just closed the door behind me when there was a knock.  It was him.
"How..." was I all I managed to get out before I fainted.
When I came to he was calmly sitting on my couch reading.  He put down the book and started to speak.
"Are you alright?" he asked he voice was as smooth as silk.  I could only nod my head yes then he continued.
"You love me and always have.  Your wanting to know me and be with me was more than just a teen girl's crush."
How could he possibly know that, how could he know what I dreamt about as a teen or the conversations I had with my dad?  A slight smile crept across his face "There's a lot that I know."
"I don't understand" I said "Why are you here?"  This was starting to get really creepy and after the news I got today all I wanted was to go to sleep and wake tomorrow knowing this was all just a really really bad dream.
"The baby you're carrying is mine.  That night wasn't a dream."
"What...wait..YOU DRUGGED ME?" I was furious but suddenly got nauseous and had to run to the bathroom.
After I had clean myself up a bit, Mulo once again started speaking. "My dear Amari, there were no drugs involved.  You gave yourself to me quite willingly and very passionately to me."  A smug look came across his face.
"Several times in fact." he finished with a grin.  I wanted to slap him.  I was furious, ashamed, and confused all at the same time. 
"I wasn't raised that way, you're lying.  I would never have done that." I was starting to panic, what if what he said was true.  How could I not know, better yet how could I have done that.
Seeing my distress he took my hands.
"I told you that night I had been waiting for you.  Patiently waiting for you to come to me.  Waiting all those years for that exact moment.
"Why would you be waiting for me?" I asked softly. "I'm nobody special."
"On the contrary my dear Amari, you are very special.  You have been through enough today.  I promise to make all that is expected very clear to you soon."
"Please" I whispered "I can't take care of a child. I am barely able to take care of myself.  I have no job, barely any money left, and if you hadn't noticed this place isn't exactly child friendly."
He leaned in close and spoke so softly "Just remember you love me and all will work out in the end."  Before I could say anything he kissed me.  Once more my knees felt weak and in that moment, with that kiss I forgot about everything. When he pulled away, the look in his eyes was so sincere as he whispered "I truly am sorry." and left.

14 comments:

  1. Your writing ability is phenomenal! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just left her without explaining! I have to read the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this so far its so unique and I want to know exactly the rules and stuff he put upon her when he spoke to her at their first meeting. I actually feel really bad for her, she's totally unprepared for the task ahead :( I shall keep reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving it so far. Your writing style is awesome! I can feel her emotions as she's trying to sort through all the information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry? Sorry for what? What does that mean? And OMG why doesn't she remember if she wasn't drugged? Why did he do this? And what does he mean he's been waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another OMG moment. Mulo wins big time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if she hadn't been "willing". But ohhhhh more mysteries!! -flails happily- I am loving this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He did something to her then, why would he say, "I'm Sorry".

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't get someone pregnant without discussing it thoroughly, after having been together for a long time, and then say 'I'm sorry, btw' like that's good enough! -.- What a jerk -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Mulo doesn't explain things. It's not what he does. They're not actually together and haven't been. He was her idle as a teen, she was having a fan girl moment when she saw him which led to her being back at his place which led to the sex she doesn't remember having. LOL Yes he's a jerk.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  10. LOL poor Amari. Pregnant? And she's like barely has any money? That is not a good start. I wonder what he meant when he was like "It'll all work out in the end." He's so mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pregnant, no idea when it happened, and lives in a crappy apartment. Not an ideal situation. Mulo loves his cryptic messages, that's for sure.

      thanks for reading

      Delete